Monday, April 20, 2009

My Introduction

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sister Mary Ellen Smith of the Provo Temple View Ward. I have served as the Relief Society President to 138 truly wonderful and precious sisters for the past year and hope to continue to magnify my calling for as long as Hevenly Father and the Bishop deem me worthy. My previous callings have included 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, Primary President, and special domestic assistant to the Elders Quorum President (my dear husband Hyrum who magnifies his priesthood daily!)

The Lord has blessed us with 5 beautiful perfect and faithful children -
3 virtuous and lovely girls (and you should see their good report cards - just spectacular!), and 2 handsome, Eagle Scout, priesthood holders. (We were a little nervous Moroni would not reach Eagle Scout, when at age 14 he was only a Life Scout. But through my faithful efforts and a 'broken' Play Station he has achieved that blessed of all mission prerequisites.) Ephraim, our eldest is currently serving a mission in the Buenos Aries North, Argentina mission, and has had much success bringing many Buenos Arians into the fold. We are so blessed to have such a valiant and faithful son. His Mission president has told us many times that he is serving the Church so well.

My eternal mate and I have been married for 21 wonderful years and are looking forward to being together for time and all eternity. I have even encouraged my dear husband to keep his eyes open for my sister-wives that we will surely share in the Celestial Kingdom. I hope he does find at least one that enjoys cooking and one who has a talent for family home evening lessons. Sister Jensen says she doesn't really believe that we will have sister-wives in the next life, but I think she is secretly an apostate. I have reason to be suspicious.

Elder Russell M. Ballard has counseled us to use new media to reach out to other saints and support the work of the church, so I have committed to using my spare time between morning scripture study and morning prayer to reach out the the lost sheep wandering this lone and dreary world in general and Provo in particular through this most amazing technology, the internet. And verily, how great shall be my joy at the return of just one lost sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment