Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Redemption in Payson

Oh, Sisters.

I'm so filled with the spirit of joy and thanksgiving that I'm ready to burst. I heard last week that we will be blessed with another temple in Utah county. This one will be in Payson and it will serve the beautiful worthy sisters in the south end of the county, and their worthy priesthood holders as well. I'm especially excited about this new temple, because, as a member of the Provo Temple View ward, I take great pride in being able to see the temple from my living room window. So many times in the past, the parking lot at the temple has been filled nearly half full with Ford Broncos and pickup trucks with gun racks in the back window. I know that our Heavenly Father's church has a place for everyone, but sometimes I wonder if our sisters from down south think about the message they are sending to our gentile neighbors when they come to the temple in the same vehicles that their priesthood leaders used on the deer hunt last month. I'm just so happy that they will have their own temple now that is only 10 minutes from their homes, instead of having to drive 30 or sometimes even 40 minutes to get to the House of the Lord. And I'm also elated that the lines will be shorter and the sessions smaller now so that I will be able to run to the temple between getting the kids off to school in the morning and volunteering in the reading program at the elementary school.

Oh, and maybe they can put some lovely new landscaping in the parking lot now that there are fewer patrons at the Provo Temple. I think that would enhance the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment