Sunday, May 3, 2009

Will the Atonement be enough for Master Beta?

My dearest readers, I am most distraught today. Last night I was cleaning the water for my beloved beta (Master Beta) when he suddenly committed suicide. Yes, dear brothers and sisters, he jumped right from the fish bowl directly into the garbage disposal. There was no rescuing him. The thing is, I just don't understand it. Why would he do such a thing? I just don't know what was so wrong in his life that he would make such a choice. Was he too lonely? I got him a friend, and he ate it. Was life just to unfulfilling for him? I am so worried about his eternal salvation now. I mean, what will happen to him in the next life? Will I see him again? Will I have a chance to raise him to full Beta adulthood? I am grieving for him so at this point. I wonder if it was my fault, should I have protected him more? I just don't know. I have spent the day praying for his soul. I suppose there is a lesson for me here as well, I must be more vigilant when cleaning the bowl for the next Beta I get - I shall name him.......ummmmm how about Alpha Beta or maybe Beta Test.



2 comments:

  1. You could have two, named Alpha and Omega. Just make sure to keep them in separate tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like this happened to me while I was master beta-ing. Tragedy.

    ReplyDelete